Valkenburg is located in the region of Limburg, Holland’s southernmost province.
Unlike the rest of the country it is not flat and the scenery is strikingly impressive, well mapped walks provide a great way of courting the tranquil hills. The many caves beneath the town afford an unusual insight into the history and culture of its peoples.
What do do…
- Marlstone, Fluweelen & Municipal Caves
- Coal Mines
- Cable car to Wilhelmina Tower
- Maastricht – St Pietersberg caves & waterpark complex
- Cologne – Cathedral & chocolate factory
- National War and Resistance Museum
- Movie Park
- SnowWorld (indoor skiing)
- Laser tag
- Day 1If arriving into Brussels take a walking tour around its historical centre, or enjoy a guided tour, before visiting the Maastricht Caves en route to Valkenburg.
- Day 2Travel to the historical German city of Cologne, where you can visit the Gothic Cathedral and Lindt chocolate factory.
- Day 3Spend the day at Phantasialand in Germany...one of the most popular theme parks in Europe!
- Day 4Visit Valkenburg’s popular attractions, the Coal Mines and Municipal Caves.