Southern Germanys' premier city situated just 50 km from the Bavarian Alps embraces the arts and culture completely.
Munichs’ philharmonious history is world renowned although musically it offers much more as a culturally versatile city. Rebuilt since it’s destruction during WWII, there is an imposing mix of old and new architecture to be admired and galleries and museums are plentiful.
There are so many things to engage the students from history, art and culture to fabulous excursions:
- Deutsches Museum
- BMW Museum
- Bavaria Film Studios
- Allianz Arena
- Olympic Stadium
- Altes Rathaus & Neues Rathaus (Old & New Town Halls)
- Dachau Concentration Camp
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Zugspitze Mountain
- Berchtesgaden – ‘Eagle’s Nest’ & Salt Mines
Below is just a sample itinerary for the Munich trip which can be amended in any way you choose and you can stay for more or less nights.
- Day 1Be introduced to the main landmarks of the city by your guide, such as Marienplatz, Frauenkirche and Konigsplatz.
- Day 2Enjoy the Bavarian Film Studios, Olympic Stadium and the Deutsches Museum or visit Dachau Concentration Camp.
- Day 3Visit the stunning city of Salzburg and the Salt Mines in Berchtesgaden or take a cable car to the top of Zugspitze and go to the magical Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Day 4Complete the trip by exploring the rest of the sights and museums and enjoy some shopping.